Tea is the most consumed beverage in the world behind water. All types of tea, except herbal tea, are brewed from the dried leaves of the Camellia sinensis bush. The level of oxidation of the leaves determines the type of tea. During the manufacturing process, green tea undergoes little or no tea fermentation. As a result, green tea is able to retain the maximum number of antioxidants including polyphenols called catechin that confer many health benefits.
Green tea extract is its concentrated form, which contains the same amount of active ingredients. Like green tea, green tea extract benefits are abundant and it is a great source of antioxidants which can benefit our body. Listed below are 7 possible health benefits associated with green tea extract.
1. Green tea extract helps with protecting from chronic illnesses! The antioxidant content in green tea extract helps protect our bodies from oxidative damage and inflammation. Some studies have found that green tea extract drinkers are less likely to develop cancers, Alzheimer's, type 2 diabetes, and heart disease. Experts have also linked green tea extract to improve cholesterol levels.
2. Green tea extract supports higher energy and alertness levels. Feel jittery from your morning cup of coffee? Green tea extract drink might be a great alternative. It has lower caffeine levels than traditional coffee, and the amino acid L-theanine present in green tea has been found to reduce anxiety. The combination of the two boost your energy levels and keep them stable.
3. Green tea extract can boost your metabolism, and is frequently associated with weight loss. Some studies have found that green tea extract can boost metabolism by up to 5%. How? It mobilizes fat tissue stored in our bodies for use as an energy source, which may increase fat burning.
4. Green tea extract promotes oral health. Studies have shown that the antioxidant properties of catechin (bioactive compounds found in green tea) can repress the growth of bacteria, which in turn works to ward off bad breath! When shopping for mouthwash, consider an option with green tea extract.
5. Green tea extract helps balance blood sugar and prevent diabetes. A meta-analysis of 17 previously published studies looked at the relationship between green tea extract, blood sugar control, and insulin sensitivity in humans. Researchers found favorable effects. Green tea helps reduce fasting blood sugar levels, as well as values for Hb A1C, a measure of average blood sugar over the previous three months. Another study in Japanese adults from 23 communities followed over 14,000 healthy people for five years. Scientists found that the consumption of green tea extract was inversely associated with the risk of developing diabetes, even after adjusting the data for age, sex, body mass index, and other risk factors. In other words, there is something about green tea extract benefits that is itself protective.
6. Green tea extract protects skin from aging. Research shows that polyphenols in green tea protect skin from the effects of ultraviolet (UV) light. This helps prevent the acceleration of aging, in addition to offering cancer-fighting and anti-inflammatory benefits. Green tea compounds also help defend against wrinkles, due to their ability to prevent the breakdown of collagen and elastic fibers, which in turn forestall the loss of skin elasticity.
7. Green tea extract is tied to longevity. The cells of regular green tea drinkers have a younger biological age than non-drinkers, by about five years. Japanese research also shows that regular green tea drinkers live longer. In one study in older adults, those who drank the most green tea were 76% less likely to die in the six-year study period.
Normally, tea is consumed by steeping the tea leaves or tea bags infused with hot water. Only 10%-20% of the healthy nutrients are consumed when drinking steeped tea. Authenmole’s pure best green tea extract, however, is full of nutrient essences in tea without any dregs. Its nano-level extraction process makes the nutrition essences in tea far more readily for human body absorption.
Green tea extract benefts are well praised wth a big range of possible health functions as mentioned above. Besides these, green tea extract benefits are much more than these and it can definitely guard your health and protect you. To help you feel better, lose weight, and lower your risk of chronic diseases, you may want to consider making green tea extract drink a regular part of your life too.